The art of Kevin Blythe Sampson

THE ART OF
KEVIN BLYTHE SAMPSON

1/27/10

Matthews: 'I forgot he was black tonight for an hour' - Michael Calderone - POLITICO.com

Matthews: 'I forgot he was black tonight for an hour'

Chris Matthews has put his foot in his mouth before on live television, and following the State of the Union, he did it again.

"I forgot he was black tonight for an hour," Matthews said of President Barack Obama's speech before a joint session of Congress and to millions of Americans.

Matthews' line about Obama's skin color was part of a longer comment about the presidency and race. (MSNBC had no immediate response).

"I was trying to think about who he was tonight. It's interesting: he is post-racial, by all appearances. I forgot he was black tonight for an hour. You know, he's gone a long way to become a leader of this

No comments:

Post a Comment