The art of Kevin Blythe Sampson

THE ART OF
KEVIN BLYTHE SAMPSON

5/17/11

The Expendables 4 African American Men IN Venice

 

The Expendables 4 African American Men IN Venice

by Kevin Sampson on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 2:48pm
Ok I usually do this kind of babble on my email blast, but all of my friends are hiding their accounts they know the torture that is coming as a result of my trip to Venice

Some one just wrote to me privately, that charlie Lucas, Mr I, Lonny Holley and myself, should call the group the Expendables.......

I almost fell off my chair laughing until i figured out the double entendre...and the title makes total sense.

4 Middle aged African American Men in Venice....

Then I thought:

I almost feel like i am going to a civil rights march.........I cant help it........... its the baggage that is still left over from being made to lay across streets to block traffic, during civil rights protest. .....That has to affect you some how...right
I mean................is their a specific therapy for the kids of civil rights movement., Vietnam War Protest, woman rights marches,................

4 African american males, three from the deep south, one from the crazy City Of Newark, New jersey.

Man i still got Abraham Martin and John playing in my head every other day...

.Kent stage,Stonewall,Chicago,watts,Katrina........The fire next time,Go tell it on the Mountain,Manchild in the promised land,Down these mean streets.............
whew
Ok I will just stop here..........lol

Ok Maybe i cant stop the song but i can change the lyrics and i hope that on this trip..........that we will find that kind of peace.

anyway if their is a solution for all of this middle aged baggage, i it just might be in  Venice............

 three weeks in Venice...........This has got to affect all of us in a amazing and positive way..........I am bringing, my brushes and canvas and sail making needles............I am ready............

No comments:

Post a Comment